Sunday, June 3, 2012

Country Music & Commissioning: Pre-Nepal Post #3

I am a huge country music fan, and for most country music fans Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts is the anthem of summer. The theme of the song is to relax, party up on the beach, and laze away the days. That's just not my kind of summer.
I want to dedicate part of my summer to doing work that could change peoples' lives literally for eternity.

Now that summer has officially started for me as of Friday, it finally hit me. I'm going to Nepal this month. Now that it's finally June, this whole trip has gotten a lot more real. I've been waiting for a long time for this trip, longer than since January when I turned in my application. I've felt a call to go on a long-term mission trip for almost 4 years now. The first summers my parents thought I was too young. Last summer, because I was helping with the move to Michigan, the timing wasn't right. Patiently I waited, and now I have been blessed with this incredible opportunity to go halfway around the world and share the love of God.

In 19 short days I will be at training camp, meeting my new teammates for the summer for the first time. There is still so much I have to finish before I leave. I'm almost done packing. I have to attempt to finish most of my summer homework. I have to memorize the Connecting with God tract. Finally, I have to say goodbye to everyone.

Tonight was a very special night for me. Even though I still have 19 days before training camp, it was my last opportunity to go to my youth group before I leave. I got to share in front of my entire youth group what I'm doing this summer, where I'm going, and who I'm going with. Then as a send off, I was so blessed to have the chance to have them pray for me. It was so awesome to be able to hear their prayers, knowing that they fully support me and that they are as excited for me as I am to go. I am truly honored to be a representative of such a great group of teens and leaders during this trip.

As the countdown continues, please continue to keep my team and me in your prayers. There are still teammates who have over $1000 of support to raise. From chatting over Facebook, I know that we are all super excited for this trip. Pray that we will have patience while we wait and that we will all be able to seek God, grow closer to Him, and find strength while we prepare for this amazing trip.

Only a few short weeks to go!! Thank you so much for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment