Saturday, June 9, 2012

20160 minutes: Pre-Nepal Post #4

20160 minutes. 336 hours. 14 days. 2 weeks.


This time two weeks from now I will be at the new Royal Servants training camp in Pardeeville, WI. I will have said goodbye to my friends & family, and I will be at the beginning of a brand new journey. I have 99% of my stuff packed and ready to go! The closer it draws, the more excited I get!

Today I had the pleasure of spending 3 hours on a plane flying down to Texas so I can attend an engineering camp at Baylor University. The entire trip down, Nepal was on my mind. I spent a majority of the flight trying to memorize my Connecting with God pack. Boarding the plane, I couldn't help but think, "Less than a month until I fly to Kathmandu!"

In a way this camp is like a dress rehearsal for Nepal. I'm not allowed to have my cell phone or Internet all week, I had to say goodbye to my family (even though it was only for a week), and make new friends. Because this camp is an actual class and I have the opportunity to earn college credit, this week is definitely going to be challenging. I'm a little apprehensive of both experiences, but I know that the leadership for both opportunities will guide me and prepare to the best of their abilities.

Lately God has really been using events in my life to prove how great He is and how weak I am. One of my favorite verses right now is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Rarely can I say that I actually enjoy finding flaws in myself, but that is one of the most rewarding parts of preparing for the trip. I know that this trip has the possibility to absolutely shatter my sheltered, sanitized American mindset. Being so far outside of your comfort zone has a tendency to do that. I know that God can use crazy experiences to shape me, and I so cannot wait.

Please keep my team in your prayers. Pray especially for all of the last minute support raising, solid memory as we learn our Connecting with God packs, and strength as we prepare both mentally and physically to leave our homes and get to training camp. Some of the leaders are already there doing prep work!

Thanks for your support:)

Oh- I've had a couple people ask me where exactly Nepal is. It's right between India and China. Here's a map of that side of the world- Nepal is where the pin is dropped! Yay for Google Maps!

No comments:

Post a Comment