Sunday, May 27, 2012

Support Raising: Done! Pre-Nepal Post #2

It's official: I have raised all of my support!!!

In late February I sent out my first batch of support letters. 87 days after I received my first donation, I type this post having successfully raised all $4655 of required support. This covers my airfare to Nepal, my visa application, lodging, food, and some spending money.

God is so crazy awesome. He has blessed me with the best support network of friends and family. Each donation I received meant the world to me.

Not only has God provided funding for me to go on this trip, but He provided the ultimate reason to go. I don't expect this to be a vacation. Yes, Nepal may be gorgeous, but the real reason that I want to go is to share with the Nepalese that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice of dying for our sins. During my devotional today, I read a verse that I absolutely love. "Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:5-6) Even though all of humanity has no chance of making it to Heaven in our sinful state, He died for us. I'm so excited to go on this trip, and God has truly blessed me. He never ceases to provide at the perfect time. I have depended on Him from the very beginning and in the end He has!

To everyone who contributed support, thank you from the bottom of my heart. This trip is a dream come true for me, and I couldn't have done it without each of you, whether you contributed $10 or $1000. I can't wait to experience everything that this summer promises to bring!

27 more days until training camp! Please continue to lift up my team in prayer- some of them still have over $1000 to raise!

PS. If you didn't notice it before, check out the side bar to the right. At the bottom are links to the blogs of some of the other staff on my team who will also be posting throughout the summer:) I can't wait!

God Bless Our Soldiers and Their Families!

No comments:

Post a Comment