Saturday, May 26, 2012

Phenomenal: Pre-Nepal Post #1

This summer is going to be great. It’s going to be better than great. It’s going to be phenomenal.


Some people might not think that it is going to be phenomenal. After all, for a month and a half I’ll be without my cell phone, without Facebook, away from all of the comforts of my home and family. But for that month, I’ll be with a new family, my mission trip team. More than that though, I’ll be working in Nepal, showing the love of God to the Nepalese people. That brings me more joy than any Facebook update.


The name of this blog comes from the Great Commission. Matthew 28:16-20 says, “Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
I can’t go much farther than Nepal. From the doorstep of my house to the airport in Kathmandu is roughly 7500 miles. It’s quite literally on the other side of the world. But Jesus told his disciples to go to all nations. I like how the New American Standard Bible translates Acts 1:8, which is Jesus telling the disciples, “You shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” It’s going to be a great adventure, and I'm praying that God will shape me through it.

Preparation for this summer is in full swing. I have a pile of clothes and other packing list items like hand sanitizer and water bottles that grows daily as I prepare to pack. I’ve started to memorize the tract that we are supposed to know when we get to training camp. I’m almost done raising support! As of today, I’ve raised $4578 out of $4655. God has blessed me so richly with very generous supporters and plenty of them. To all of you who donated towards my trip who are now reading this, THANK YOU! I wouldn’t be to take this trip without you guys, and each of your donations means so much to me.
28 days until I head to training camp in Pardeeville, WI for 9 days of team bonding, learning skits to perform in Nepal, and preparing spiritually and mentally. 37 days until we board our first flight of several on our way to Kathmandu, Nepal. It’s getting closer.

Please continue to pray for me and my team as we all prepare for this adventure. If you want to help with my last bit of support, please click the link on the side of the page labeled donate. Have questions? Leave a comment on here or ask me on Facebook. Thanks so much:)

1 comment: